About Chatham-Kent Economic Recovery Task Force
Goal: Develop a proactive approach for Chatham-Kent business recovery following COVID-19.
The mandate for the Chatham-Kent Economic Recovery Task Force is to understand and report on the recovery of the local economy, to develop key strategies and recommendations for change, and to communicate and engage with businesses, owners, and leaders across a variety of sectors of the Chatham-Kent economy.
The report from the task force is expected to be completed by the end of May and will be presented to Chatham-Kent Council as well as to other levels of government.
The chairs of the sector sub-committees will now be reaching out to those who have expressed an interest in being part of the task force to discuss their thoughts on the impact to each sector and opportunities to support recovery. Others are welcome to express an interest in joining the task force sub-committees by emailing: CKERTF@gmail.com.
Economic Recovery Task Force
- The Chatham-Kent Economic Recovery Task Force Co-chairs: Michael Grail and Rocky Gaudrault
The nine sector sub-committees and Chairs are:
- Manufacturing and Logistics: Mike Kilby, Larry Delaey
- Professional Services: Tracey Walker and Katherine Denkers
- Food Services & Tourism: Pete Tsirimbis
- Arts and Culture: Rachel Schwarz
- Property, Real Estate, and Construction: Fred Naclerio and Robb Nelson
- Small Business and Entrepreneurs: Gail Hundt and Wade Vermeersch
- Not for Profit: Mike Genge and Patricia Peters
- Communications and IT: Andrew Thiel and Greg Hetherington
- Agriculture and Food Processing: Geetu Pathak and Greg Devries